- NATO Is Ready to Support and Facilitate Kabul For Peace Talks With Afghan Taliban
- Asif Ali Zardari and Faryal Talpur Name Added in Exit Control List
- Ethiopia and Eritrea Restored Their Relations After 20 Years
- Pakistan Launched Two Satellites Using Chinese Facilities
- Turkish Government Dismissed More Then 18000 Employees
- Iraq Constructing Border Fence on Syria's western border
- New Cheif Justice of America Is To Be Announced Soon
- Highest Resolution Camera Which is Up to 52 Mega Pixels
- Saudi Government Passes a Strict Law Against Umrah Visitors Who Stay After their Visa Expires
- Death of Egyptian Footballer During a Friendly Match
- Pakistan Hockey Team Performance in Champions Trophy 2018
- Nishan-e-Haider Martyrs Of Pakistan Army
- Regiments and infantries Of Pakistan Army
- Biography Of Pakistan Army
- Information about Pakistan Army
- List of Top Weird and Strange Cultures around the World
- India Ranked First For Most Dangerous Country For Women
- What is The Best Way of Smiling
- Habits of Successful and Intelligent People
- Pakistan Army Promoted 37 Army Officers to Brigade Rank
Intelligence Agencies play a vital role in strengthening the defense of any country and their ranking is done on the basis their previous history, resources they have and their performance for any country and information they have extracted by using their resource. There is no real distinction between the top 10 intelligence agencies as they are far ahead from those of the rest of the world.
The real growth of ISI started in 1970’s when Russia attacked Afghanistan and Pakistan needed to support them without being noticed, that was the time when Pakistan realized the importance of intelligence agencies that how powerful they can be.
After that ISI was not very busy until the 9/11 happened and once again a war was imposed on Pakistan which had a very bad impact on Pakistan, that was the time when a real structure of ISI have been designed and divided to around 10-15 parts, Afghan wars have played a vital role in development of ISI from the last 15-18 years ISI have captured a lot of people working against Pakistan.
The number of people working for the organizations plays a very important role in the ranking. ISI has the highest number of agents estimated to be over 10,000. There is no definite number known and the estimate is very rough.
One more fact for Pakistan ISI to be on the top is that despite having many agents, there have not been a single report for capturing of Pakistan’s agent as well as no one have ever claimed that ISI have operated in a certain region.
2. CIA, Central Intelligence agency – United States
The history of CIA goes back to second world war but their major achievements started after 1950.
In 1954, American CIA overthrew a democratically elected Guatemala government and that was the time when they got the idea about how powerful an intelligence agency can be.
The primary role of the CIA is social engineering. That is why CIA have always played a role in creating events that can work in their favor, those events can start from the arrest of Nelson Mandela to helping Afghans to defeat Soviet Union in Afghanistan or getting rid of Saddam Hossain or Usama Bin Ladin. CIA always work to over through whether its people or country, who don’t work in their favor.
3. FSB, Federal Security Bureau of Russian Federation – Russia
FSB is the principal security agency of Russia and the main successor agency to the USSR's Committee of State Security(KGB). Its main responsibilities are within the country and include counter-intelligence, internal and border security, counter-terrorism, and surveillance as well as investigating some other types of grave crimes and federal law violations. It is headquartered in Lubyanka Square, Moscow's centre, in the main building of the former KGB. The Director of the FSB since 2008 is general of the army Alexander Bortnikov.
4. MI6, Military Intelligence Section 6 – United Kingdom
MI6 was created before World War I for keeping an eye on Germans, MI6 has since been heavily involved in major conflicts of the 20th and 21st centuries. MI6, have mostly worked in conjunction with the CIA and they have been very effective, both of them have been working since world war I, they were notoriously in Iran in 1953 and Congo in 1961, after that MI6 have worked secretly and they tried not to come in highlights except for catching FSB spyies and some other minor missions.
5. DGSE, Direction Generale De La Securite Exterieure – France
The DGSE was formed by replacing the old SDECE in 1982, its major role is to extract information for people/organization working against French interest, they have mostly operated in Europe but due to world effecting events that started by 20th century they had spread their wings around the globe for their national interest.
6. RAW, Research and Analysis Wing – India
RAW was created in 1968, they have mostly worked in extracting information and manipulating people of their neighboring countries, one of their major success was creating a conflict between east and west Pakistan and helping Bengali for creating their separate country, their second major success was helping their country to win Cargill war against Pakistan by creating a conflict between Pakistani Government and their army. There have been bad impacts of RAW when their agent is caught up red handed in Pakistan and he accepted for operating against Pakistan. Now RAW is developing its web in Afghanistan and Iran for their own good because once America leaves those countries a space will be created for them to operate.
7. BND – Bundesnachrichtendienst – German
BND, abbreviation of Bundesnachrichtendienst, German: “Federal Intelligence Service”, foreign intelligence agency of the West German government.
8. MSS – Ministry of State Security – China
The government of China is engaged overseas, through the Ministry of State Security (MSS). Their main operations included cyber spying to gain access to sensitive information remotely and physical agents (HUMINT). China is believed to be engaged in industrial espionage aimed at gathering information to boast its economy, MSS is the only organization that’s major role is not the defense of its country but to help its country by boasting its economy and MSS have been very successful. MSS most part includes cyber spying
9. Mossad – The Institute for Intelligence and Special Operation
Mossad was formed by Isreal in 1949. It have help Isreal to gain success against Palestine. They have been involved in secret missions against Palestine. In start its main focus was to protect Isreal and well being of its people agains Palestine but now it have spraded world wide mostly in Arabic countries such as Iran, Iraq, Lebonan and Syria. They have been operating secretly in those countries since early 21st century.
10. ASIS – Australian Secret Intelligence Service
The purpose of its formation is to protect the country from foreign as well as Internal threats, and terrorist attacks. Australian are not been involved in direct conflict against any country but they have always prepared themselves so that anything happens they should be ready that is why they have a big budget for ASIS which is comparable to MI6.