- NATO Is Ready to Support and Facilitate Kabul For Peace Talks With Afghan Taliban
- Asif Ali Zardari and Faryal Talpur Name Added in Exit Control List
- Ethiopia and Eritrea Restored Their Relations After 20 Years
- Pakistan Launched Two Satellites Using Chinese Facilities
- Turkish Government Dismissed More Then 18000 Employees
- Iraq Constructing Border Fence on Syria's western border
- New Cheif Justice of America Is To Be Announced Soon
- Highest Resolution Camera Which is Up to 52 Mega Pixels
- Saudi Government Passes a Strict Law Against Umrah Visitors Who Stay After their Visa Expires
- Death of Egyptian Footballer During a Friendly Match
- Pakistan Hockey Team Performance in Champions Trophy 2018
- Nishan-e-Haider Martyrs Of Pakistan Army
- Regiments and infantries Of Pakistan Army
- Biography Of Pakistan Army
- Information about Pakistan Army
- List of Top Weird and Strange Cultures around the World
- India Ranked First For Most Dangerous Country For Women
- What is The Best Way of Smiling
- Habits of Successful and Intelligent People
- Pakistan Army Promoted 37 Army Officers to Brigade Rank
Khanpur lake(jheel) ,a beautiful picnic point for tourists.
Khanpur lake is located in the Haripur district of Hazara division of Khyberpakhtoonkhawa.Khanpur Dam is a dam located on the Haro River near Potowar Plateau and the village of Khanpur, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. About 40 km from Islamabad. It forms Khanpur Lake , a reservoir which supplies drinking water to Islamabad and Rawalpindi and irrigation water to many of the agricultural and industrial areas surrounding the cities. It is 167 feet (51 m) high and has a water storing capacity of 110,000 acre feet.
It is one of the beautiful lake of Pakistan.Tourist visits to this lake from different parts of Pakistan. Every weekend, between 40,000 to 50,000 tourists come to Khanpur Dam.Foreigner also come to this area and enjoy swimming and hiking.There are several Buddhist archaeological sites at a few distance from Khanpur Dam, that also invite the attention of locals as well as foreign tourists every year.Khanpur district is famous for its sweet oranges(blud malta in local language.People of Khanpur mainly speak Hindko language.
The lake was constructed along with the construction of Khanpur Dam in 1983. after a 15-year construction period believed to have cost Rs. 1,352 million. It is 167 feet (51 m) high and stores 110,000 acre feet (140,000,000 m3) of water.